On Line Hero School and Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 layers of security every person should have

2 posters

Go down

8 layers of security every person should have Empty 8 layers of security every person should have

Post  Professor S Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Greetings,

Personally, I'm still working on getting my router working so I can use it's firewall. But this article out to ge infomrative.

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/blogs/poremba/8-layers-of-security-every-computer-should-have/?cs=40346
Professor S
Professor S
Teacher
Teacher

Back to top Go down

8 layers of security every person should have Empty Should be already active

Post  Shatter Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 am

Hello Professor -

Your hardware router's firewall should be active by default. Under the various options, look for Network Address Translation (NAT) &/or Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI). Both are best, if possible. Links to Wikipedia for further reading.

Bonus points if you also use software firewalls on each computer.
-- Shatter

Last edited by Shatter on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : abbv correction)
Shatter
Shatter
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

8 layers of security every person should have Empty Re: 8 layers of security every person should have

Post  Professor S Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 am

Shatter,

Thanks, I will give it a try later. I plan on canceling my internet and a laptop computer with an internet dongle. That way it will be cheaper, and more secure. I don't feel for 111 dollars a month I'm getting the internet I am paying for.

sincerely,

steve
Professor S
Professor S
Teacher
Teacher

Back to top Go down

8 layers of security every person should have Empty Re: 8 layers of security every person should have

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum