On Line Hero School and Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Server isback up and running

2 posters

Go down

My Server isback up and running Empty My Server isback up and running

Post  Superman Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Long story short I finally have my home server back up and running. It’s 5 times as fast with twice the available space it ever had before. I’m cautiously optimistic that I have finally worked out all the kinks. Any time you get space on line (free or otherwise) you have to play by their rules and get it in amounts they are willing to parcel out. I now have 80 plus Gigs where I make the rules with ample room for expansion. There is no more secure a system than 1 that is under your direct physical control. I am officially a happy camper. The link to it is http://superserver.r8.org. It is a work in progress that I am happily filling up with stuff that doesn’t easily fit anywhere else. I am intertwining suggestions for what else to load it up with. So put on your thinking caps troops, be it RLSH related or not. This is yet another chunk of power and tech type freedom I’m sharing with all of you. Now there are my detractors like Phoenix who say I don’t have sufficient skills to do something like this. To them I say, click on the link suckers and see for yourselves. Then if you have any class at all you can start composing your apology letters.

Superman
Razz Very Happy Smile Twisted Evil tongue
Superman
Superman
Principal
Principal

https://hero-school.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Server isback up and running Empty Re: My Server isback up and running

Post  Superman Fri May 21, 2010 11:58 am

Looking at my last post on this subject I can see that I looked a tad cranky. My Apologies if I hurt any of your feelings guys but the venom wasn’t directed to you but to detractors like Phoenix. But here is a hopefully more upbeat update. I will soon have an additional 160 gig hard drive added to the server. That will bring us up to 240 gigs total space to put stuff on. Now as the new hard drive came with 50 gigs of archived comic nooks on it (that’s why it was sent to me) and I had started putting things on the 80 gig hard drive we will still have over a 180 gigs of blank space to put stuff on. Plus over 5000 classic comic books to read and utilities and such to play with. So once again I am soliciting ideas from all of you as to what to fill it up with. Keep in mind that according to the IT guy (Ray who is a friend of mine) that is helping me there is room for 4 more hard drivers by installing an additional controller board in the computer (which I already have). So we aren’t going to run out of space on this server computer any time soon. If and when we fill that up I’ll just add in another computer with server software on it and start expanding again from there. The way I am set up allows for near infinite expansion. That’s just my set up. I can show the rest of you how to set up servers too if you are interested. The URL forwarder / masker covering the FTP address is http://superserver.r8.org if you want to check out what's available so far.

Superman
Superman
Superman
Principal
Principal

https://hero-school.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakujo Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Do you know if there is a way to back up the crime map on your server? I have all the info for every pin backed up so if it ever goes down I just have to link to/place pins again, but can't find a way to backup the map itself. Not sure if its possible.

Everything appears to be working fine as far as your server goes now, when I clicked on it a few days ago that wasn't the case.
Sakujo
Sakujo
Hall monitor
Hall monitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down