On Line Hero School and Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

putting myself together

4 posters

Go down

putting myself together Empty putting myself together

Post  thanatos Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:22 pm

I thought I might explain how I put my gear together to produce Thanatos, the dark avenger. I read a lot of post by new people who seem to need some advice on how to build a outfit. this is how I did mone.
The outfit I wear is broken down into two main sections. the under suit composed of spandex pants and shirt and the body armor, and the outer suit or costume that everyone see's.
the spandex shirt and pants is to prevent the straps from the differnt pieces rubbing or pulling on the skin. makes it much more comfortable to wear. a standard hockey cup is very important. I add shin guards, knee pads, elbow pads and forearm guards. a level IIIa vest completes the armor.
now I did'nt want the body armor visable so over this I based the costume to produce the 'look' I wanted. six pocket pants and black shirt with modified pockets and groments to allow the passage of headsets and earphones. my tie is held in place by velcro. custum boots with vibram soles for the feet. 9 ounch SAP gloves for the hands with nitril gloves underneath for those times I remove the heavy gloves for finer hand control.
the overcoat has additional pockets on the inside for carrying a assortment of things.
I add the utility belt with my most needed and used items. commen sense and mission requirements dictate what I will carry on it at any time.
my mask and hat complete the picture.
I had decided that I needed to portray death itself on the streets here. a long robe was impracticale so I modernized the look borrowing from the shadaow, the green hornet, the spirit, doc savage and others including the old EC horror comics.

decide what you are going to be doing, why you are doing it and the look should come from that. decide on gear and build from that working towards the final 'look' or appearance that you want.
thanatos
thanatos
Teacher
Teacher

Back to top Go down

putting myself together Empty Re: putting myself together

Post  Redlockthesuper Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Very intracite. I wish I had was able to have some of the resources you do.
Redlockthesuper
Redlockthesuper
Hall monitor
Hall monitor

Back to top Go down

Post  thanatos Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:55 pm

most was put together over a short bit of time. it's working with what you can afford and what you can produce on your own.
thank heaven for thrift stores cheers
thanatos
thanatos
Teacher
Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post  Superman Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I’m a great believer in do it yourself. All of us seem to have more time than money and do it your self will get you maximum bang for your buck. Plus if you make it your self not matter what may go wrong or how it is damaged you can either fix or recreate it. That’s way better than doing without.

Superman
Superman
Superman
Principal
Principal

https://hero-school.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakujo Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm

thanatos wrote:a standard hockey cup is very important.

Looking back it is so obvious, but I completely overlooked it.
Sakujo
Sakujo
Hall monitor
Hall monitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum