On Line Hero School and Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An actual HQ

4 posters

Go down

An actual HQ Empty An actual HQ

Post  TheHybrid Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Why don't we all try to actually make one? I know the original was a scam, but that doesn't mean we can't make one. Obviously this wont take a few days, might even be a few years before we can even start, but why not give it a shot? And if we do make one there would be questions we must answer before we could even start, like where? How big/tall? Rooms? Labs? And so on. So what do you guys think?

- Hybrid
TheHybrid
TheHybrid
Hall monitor
Hall monitor

Back to top Go down

An actual HQ Empty Re: An actual HQ

Post  Superman Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:05 pm

1st. off as far as a team site goes I got one for the EANY crew. When it comes to a General HQ for all heroes I have a radical idea. Why not make a mobile one? The Baffling Weirdo has his OTR license that’s good for 60 foot trailers up to 14 feet wide. If we started with say a flatbed or standard trailer altering it to our needs we could cram quite a bit of stuff into it. I discussed the idea with Master Legend and he says he has a generator we can use and could go along with us in a winibago he owns. Now like as not we would have to rent a truck to haul it from place to place. But that would be cheaper in the long run than owning one. I’m saying that rather than having a HQ all can come to, why not have a HQ that comes to the heroes. In addition we could use it for disaster relief situations. Depending on how well it was designed and stocked we could do just about anything. I have designed some radical campers in times past and could really go crazy with that kind of space to work with. A field kitchen, porta johns, shower area and mobile electronic command center would just be a jumping off point. Can you imagine the impact we would have? People in a disaster in desperate need of help. Then we pull in bag and baggage, helping to set up a tent city and give aid to all that need it. Or we could scout out a old farm yard or bare patch of ground some where and set up shop or training purposes. The possibilities are endless. This may become the hottest topic on this board.

Superman
Superman
Superman
Principal
Principal

https://hero-school.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakujo Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Hottest topic on the board isn't really a big deal around here...

Now to the hq topic. I think mobile, although crazy sounding at first has almost unlimited potential. While being cheaper then actually building a hq and also helps with one of the biggest problems with us all talking over the Internet, which is te distance between us. It would also be much better for disaster relief too, even if we had a big building as an hq we would still have to get stuff out places as well, where as this could just do it.

Potentially anybody with a truck/van and a driver's license can add to the mobile hq as we could just get around convoy style. I'm sure we could set up wifi as well if we put a hub in a vehicle so we can all keep in contact without worrying about people listening in on radio conversations. This could be amazing.
Sakujo
Sakujo
Hall monitor
Hall monitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Superman Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:20 pm

That’s kind of the idea. Rather than think small and always try to scale things down so a so-called “Manageable” size, I think we should think big. After all if anyone could do it, it wouldn’t be all that “super” would it? When I was in the Army I worked in a warehouse. Part of that warehouse consisted of specially constructed vans that when hooked together made up one of our warehouse buildings. When we went to the field, that part of our warehouse went with us as part of a convoy. Much like the convoy idea you mention. While we may have to start small, with just 1 trailer, there's no reason we need to stay small. In our case a group of trailers, Each an individual team’s HQ, when added together could be a major kick ass Super Hero HQ. If you throw in wireless network support, some magic jacks, plus decent CB and short wave radio set ups, we could be a major structure and communications hub in an emergency. An awning coming off of the side of the trailer could be the roof of a field kitchen. An awning on the other side could be the roof for a 1st aid station. If you factor in all the stuff that can be stored in a vehicle that size there wouldn’t be much we couldn’t do. Or any place we couldn’t go without all the basic amenities.

Superman
Superman
Superman
Principal
Principal

https://hero-school.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HellRazor Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Maybe we can have a meet up place.I mean like if we are going to a have a mobile device system where you can talk to anyone that has it then why not have a meet up place.Like an broken down building where no one will choose to look for us.But i kinda like the idea of us having an HQ but it will take time.We can start a donate button and have people help out to build an HQ by having them donate.

----HR
HellRazor
HellRazor
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum